Thank you for booking tickets for the Social and Sporting event of the Summer here at the Curragh, The Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby. Below we have outlined some important information to help make your day as enjoyable as possible.
1. DERBY DAY - SOLD OUT Please note that while we are building our new Grandstand we are limited to 6,000 capacity on all race days. Derby day on Saturday 1st July is SOLD OUT and no tickets will be available for purchase on the day. Please DO NOT TRAVEL if you do not already have a ticket as you will not be able to gain admission. Each person attending requires an individual pre-purchased ticket to enter and children under 16 also require a pre purchased ticket.
2. WHAT TO WEAR There is no formal dress code at the Curragh but especially on Classic race days guests do dress for the occasion. You are very welcome to dress how you feel most comfortable and the wearing of ties and hats is by no means compulsory. The choice is yours how you dress for the day, and of course the weather. For Ladies, wear what is appropriate for the weather, what you feel most comfortable in and also what is suitable for the environment you are booked for. Hospitality guests will dress up for the occasion, Ticket only guests tend to be less formal in their choice of outfit. Gentlemen, again wear what is most appropriate for the weather, you can’t go wrong with a good suit or quality slacks, collared shirt and tailored jacket. No T shirts or sportswear, smart casual is generally the rule. Racing is a long day out and good shoes are important. Ladies, those nice looking trendy killer heels may end up being your worst enemy at the end of the day. Gents, a good pair of comfortable shoes is a godsend. Our advice is to have a glam day out and go for it !!! And don’t forget to bring an umbrella if it’s raining.
3. WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU In order to enter the Racecourse each guest will need a valid e-ticket or Curragh Hospitality Booking Confirmation. You will have been emailed your e-tickets, please print them and bring them with you. If you have purchased tickets but have not yet received them please contact our Curragh Offices on (International) +353 45 441205 or from Ireland 045 441205 before you arrive.
4. AVOID THE QUEUES AND ARRIVE EARLY The Curragh Racecourse is located just off junction 12 of the N7. The approximate journey time from Dublin is 50 minutes, From Cork is 2 hours and Galway 3 hours. Derby Day is always busy and traffic starts to get heavy on the N7 and particularly around junction 12 from 11.45am. Gates open at 11.30am so please do come early and park in the Public Car Park on the Hill (signposted). Car parking is free at the Curragh and it is at least a 5 -10 minute walk from the Car Park to the Racecourse Entrance. We will have a limited number of guest buggies and a courtesy bus shuttling people from our car parking area to the racecourse entrance. In inclement weather please do bring an umbrella with you.
5. ARRIVING AT THE CURRAGH RACECOURSE Gates will open at 11.30am. When you arrive guest entry lanes are clearly signposted for the type of ticket you have, please have your e-ticket ready to be scanned. Some hospitality guests will require wristbands for the day, if these have not already been provided for you they will be given to you at the hospitality desk on arrival. If you have booked a Restaurant package your hospitality area will open at 12.45pm on the day. For all guests our Grand hall Coffee Shop and Bar, as well as our Champagne Bar will open at 11.30am.
6. INCREASED SECURITY To protect our guests we have implemented heightened security procedures after you enter the racecourse. By purchasing a ticket you have agreed to the right of our security staff to conduct a search of any bag or item in your possession. A CCTV system is in operation throughout the racecourse and surrounding areas. Images are monitored and recorded to prevent, detect or investigate crime and for public safety. The system is controlled by Curragh Racecourse Limited. Your co-operation of our increased security measures is appreciated.
7. ATM’S There are ATM’s located inside the racecourse and all bars and restaurants accept Visa & Mastercard. Please note we do not accept AMEX or Diners Club Cards in any hospitality area.
8. PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
- 11.30 Gates Open
- 12 – 13.30 Army Band Perform
- 12.45 – 13.25 Winning Line – a panel of experts join Thom Malone to preview the races (stage)
- 13.30 Unveiling of Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby Trophy
- 14.00 Dubai Duty Free Finest Surprise 2yo Maiden Maiden
- 14.35 Dubai Duty Free Jumeirah Creekside Dash (Listed)
- 15.10 Dubai Duty Free Millennium Millionaire Celebration Stakes (Listed)
- 15.40 Dubai Duty Free Full of Surprises Premier Handicap
- 15.50 Dubai Duty Free Most Stylish Lady in association with the K Club winner announced
- 16.10 Premier Handicap
- 16.40 GAIN Railway Stakes (Group 2)
- 17.00 Irish National Anthem and Winds of Glory performed by Gemma Sugrue accompanied by the Army Band
- 17.20 Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby (Group 1 Classic)
- 17.30 Curragh of Kildare performed by Hayley Keogh accompanied by the Army Band
- 18.00 Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championship Premier Handicap (2miles)
- 18.05 Radio Shack featuring Tammy Brown in concert (stage)
Thank you once again for booking your Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby tickets, we are looking forward to welcoming you to The Curragh for the high quality racing, entertainment, food, fashion and craic. If you have any questions about this information please do contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone to 045 441205 (International) +353 45 441205.